Monday, December 12, 2011

Lollapalooza - disruptions?

Hi! My 9 year old son and I are coming to Chicago from Aug 4-6. We booked the Swissotel through a previous Travelzoo deal. I have just learned that Lollapalooza will be going on while we are there. How much of a disruption, if any, will this be for us? I would hate to go that weekend and not visit Grant %26amp; Millenium Parks - plus I think the Swissotel is close to the site, and I%26#39;m worried about that as well.



Lollapalooza - disruptions?


You won%26#39;t be able to go to Grant Park because the fest will be on the grounds, but Millenium should not be a problem. There will be many people around the area so that may be considered a disruption. Out of towners may be staying at your hotel, especially with the deal they offered, so it will probably be crowded with music lovers, but hopefully that won%26#39;t be a problem for you. I wouldn%26#39;t worry too much, there is plenty to see in Chicago besides Grant Park.



Lollapalooza - disruptions?


Parts of GP will still be open, I believe. Last year it took place further South in Grant Park. Millennium Park will be no problem. Lollapalooza should be pretty contained; I don%26#39;t think you should have any problems if it was anything like last year (I%26#39;ve talked to people who went; I didn%26#39;t go myself.) Your hotel may be crowded with people who are likely paying twice (if not more than) what you paid.




$259 for Swiss on these dates right now. I%26#39;m surprised it%26#39;s not higher or full-up, given Lollapalooza. I%26#39;m guessing it will be by the time that weekend rolls around.




I%26#39;m paying $109 through the Travelzoo deal (which is no longer on their site). I%26#39;m not sure if it was you, dvd, or Dave148 that posted it, but I got the deal from this forum! (just like I got the deal for Courtyard Mag Mile when I came in April) So thanks!



Anyway, I%26#39;m glad to hear that it shouldn%26#39;t be a big deal. We will go to Grant Park on Monday. Buckingham Fountain wasn%26#39;t running on my last trip, so I really want to go see it this time!




I believe BF is on the South border of the Lollapalooza area, so you should definitely still be able to go by it with no issue (it won%26#39;t be closed, in other words.)





$109 is an amazing deal for the Swiss on a very busy weekend, glad the forum could help! :-)





Again though, I would definitely not worry about Lollapalooza and enjoy your weekend here.




Hopefully you will get to Buckingham Fountain. It is in the center of the fest, so you wouldn%26#39;t be able to get to it during Lollapalooza %26amp; not sure how quickly they tear everything down once its over.

No comments:

Post a Comment