Monday, December 12, 2011

beach vacation with kids

I want a Caribbean style beach vacation in a hotel on the beach in Lake Michigan. Is this possible? It is really hard to search for on the internet because unlike other beach areas the Lake Michigan area is divided up into so many small towns and a couple of states. So I can%26#39;t just go to expedia and get full a list. Recommendations would be appreciated.

beach vacation with kids

I don%26#39;t think you%26#39;ll find a ';Caribbean style beach vacation'; in IL, IN or MI. Can you be a bit more specific as to what you%26#39;re looking for? There are some Caribbean themed indoor water park resorts.

beach vacation with kids

Just a hotel on a beach with blue water and waves, a beach chair or cabana. The kids playing in the sand and water while I read a book.

Kids activities, a pool, hottub and breakfast would be nice extras but not necessary.

Mabey I should have said Florida style instead of Caribbean.


Take a look at the travel section at Michigan.org.


I must say that although Michigan, (where many Chicagoans spend the summer) has some nice places, I would never liken them to anything remotely Caribbean or Floridian. The lake is fresh water and not tidal, therefore it%26#39;s not like ';real'; beaches, in my opinion.

A lot of friends go to Union Pier, St. Josephs and around that area. (I don%26#39;t, because I bump into people who live around the corner here!)


If you%26#39;re looking for blue water then Lake Michigan isn%26#39;t it. Sometimes up near Holland MI the water looks blue, but down this way it%26#39;s more of a greenish brown most of the time. Caribbean it most definitely is not.

  • good makeup
  • database
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment